Suspension/Wheels/Tires/Brakes

Titan T-R10's in the "maxcooper" fitment from years ago 18x10 +50

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-21, 09:27 PM
Rotary Freak

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Titan T-R10's in the "maxcooper" fitment from years ago 18x10 +50

What's up guys!!!!! It's been decades since I've been around but got tagged in a post so I had to login and now that I'm here I figured I had to make a post. I'm sure few know but the T-R10 fitment is one I helped to advise Titan about and something we started back in the late 90's. Back then we called it the "Max Cooper" fitment because he is the one who first started running this setup for Solo 2 Autox in an 18x10 +52 fitment from the likes of CCW's to Kinesis wheels. Well it's great to see that my good friends at Titan were willing to support our very small community by producing this track fitment for stock fenders. As many of you must already know we run a 285/30/18 square setup with this wheel fitment. Depending on your rear camber settings you may or may not need notched aftermarket trailing arms to obtain additional backspacing. Well enjoy some pics I snapped last year when we first got these wheels produced. The black version was a very limited run they did last year and those sold out super fast.

Gotta love some reasonably priced one piece forged wheels. Enjoy and great to be back, albeit very briefly!!!!!! BTW took these pics at Sakebomb Garage. I was next door to them for a couple years not to long ago. I lived the rotary life vicariously through them. lol.

Thanks, Rishie

The following 2 users liked this post by ARD T2:
Federighi (09-01-21), gracer7-rx7 (08-27-21)
Old 09-01-21, 05:19 PM

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts
Welcome back! Nice post and sharp pictures, thanks for sharing. The Fremont / Newark area has changed quite bit in the last 10 years; the Bay Area seems to just keep growing.

To put it simply, it'll always sadden me to see the willing support of the CCP. As a purist, I believe Japanese cars deserve Japanese parts. Just my unpopular opinion.

I'm para-phrasing here but I recall Craig Lieberman touching on this topic at some point mentioning that top-quality wheel manufacturers had to adapt their business model(s) to compete with lesser manufacturers operating in countries with sub-par / non-existent regulations. Not exactly apples to apples but to each his own at the end of the day.

Old 09-02-21, 01:16 AM
Rotary Freak

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Federighi
Welcome back! Nice post and sharp pictures, thanks for sharing. The Fremont / Newark area has changed quite bit in the last 10 years; the Bay Area seems to just keep growing.

To put it simply, it'll always sadden me to see the willing support of the CCP. As a purist, I believe Japanese cars deserve Japanese parts. Just my unpopular opinion.

I'm para-phrasing here but I recall Craig Lieberman touching on this topic at some point mentioning that top-quality wheel manufacturers had to adapt their business model(s) to compete with lesser manufacturers operating in countries with sub-par / non-existent regulations. Not exactly apples to apples but to each his own at the end of the day.

The irony is that a lot of Japan stuff is not made in Japan anymore. When that happens the Japanese will put people in the factories to watch all the QC. In this situation it's nice to have a strong affordable forged wheel. Damaging a $3500 set of Volks at the track would really eat at me. The saturation of "JDM" shops and dealers has definitely impacted us over the past 20 years but we gotta keep bobbing and weaving.
Old 09-02-21, 06:28 AM
10000 RPM Lane

Received 852 Likes on 584 Posts
bring back the 10.5 wheels!!!
The following users liked this post:
ptrhahn (09-03-21)
Old 09-09-21, 09:25 AM

Received 87 Likes on 68 Posts
These are really great wheels, I know a guy that runs them, and glad there is some support for the odd offset requirements of FDs. I've heard mention of trailing arm clearance, but I can't help but wonder about sway bar end link clearance? I can't fit my pinkie between the top rim edge of my wheels and the sway link, and mine are 18x9.5 +45! I know this fitment is popular so it must work but I don't see how. Genuinely curious in case I ever decide to run something wider and higher offset like this.
Old 09-10-21, 09:04 AM

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts
I can send you photos of my clearance if you want, but I have an aftermarket sway bar setup.