New Member RX-7 Technical Post your first technical questions here, in an easy flame free environment, before jumping into the main technical sections.

Headlight switch problem for 1991 RX7 convertible

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-12, 07:00 PM
Can Post Only in New Member Section

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CA Headlight switch problem for 1991 RX7 convertible

My 1991 RX7 convertible headlight switch recently failed, so I have bought two additional used ones. Together, the switches make all of the functions perform, but no single switch will execute all of the functions.

Switch 1: when first connected, will raise and lower the lights using the center button (so I know the motors work), and then the lower button will turn the headlights on, but not off. Once the headlights are on, the headlight retract button will not lower the lights, nor will just turning the lights off.

Switch 2: when first connected, the headlights automatically pop up and the lights stay off. Using the lower button, the headlights can then be turned on and off. However, once the headlights are turned off, the headlights will not retract, whether using the middle (retract) button or the lower headlight ****.

Switch 3: acts identically to Switch 2.

All three switches look identical and are all purported to be for 2nd generation (1986-91) RX7's.

I searched historic threads on the forum and saw that failed fuses can cause this problem, but the fuses have been checked and they are all good.

Ideas ?