New Member RX-7 Technical Post your first technical questions here, in an easy flame free environment, before jumping into the main technical sections.

Power sterring line leak help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-13, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power sterring line leak help

There is a bad leak in the power steering line that runs along where the oil cooler lines are (pic attached). It runs from the top of the steering rack along the oil cooler line then above the oil cooler itself and loops around and goes up into the side of the ps res. friggin newb right here, could someone tell me what this line is called? And possibly what i can do to fix this. Thx in advance.
Peace,
Nick
Attached Thumbnails Power sterring line leak help-image-3249587124.jpg  
Old 05-24-13, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by nickedsly
There is a bad leak in the power steering line that runs along where the oil cooler lines are (pic attached). It runs from the top of the steering rack along the oil cooler line then above the oil cooler itself and loops around and goes up into the side of the ps res. friggin newb right here, could someone tell me what this line is called? And possibly what i can do to fix this. Thx in advance.
Peace,
Nick
Ok its the PS cooling line. it is leaking in the lower section after the connection in the pic. Is it possible to eliminate this? either way im glad i got some new tools today lol. any help would be great.

Last edited by nickedsly; 05-24-13 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-25-13, 02:37 PM

I had the same issue. Luckily my mechanic is nice and let it drip over night, cleaned it all up with break cleaner and then used a puddy compound called "Steele' or something close to that. Tada, problem fixed.
Old 05-26-13, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Livinloud
I had the same issue. Luckily my mechanic is nice and let it drip over night, cleaned it all up with break cleaner and then used a puddy compound called "Steele' or something close to that. Tada, problem fixed.
Fixed for now. Thx.